Monday, June 6

Murder of democracy



After reading articles on Ramdev's eviction some strange feelings are running in my mind right now,perhaps I am very much ashamed of myself for many reasons. I am an Indian, a citizen of world's largest democracy and it's my liability and moral duty to protect it but i am feeling so much incapable to do so.I am ashamed that I was enjoying my weekend when democracy was murdered, when women and children sleeping quietly at Ramlila Maidan Delhi were treated with tear gas,when nation is crying for help and shedding tears....I don’t know how many people will read this article and raise their voice against this brutal act of government but certainly if i don’t write this article ,my guilt will only get stronger and stronger.

I strongly condemned crackdown on Ramdev camp at Delhi Ramlila Maidan. This is the murder of democracy right in the heart of world's largest Democratic nation. Treating sleepy women and children with tear gas and laathis can never be justified in any democracy. 

This is the weakest government i have ever seen .Only government never constitute a democracy ,opposition also have it's share.And opposition is equally responsible for the present condition of country.i am not able to digest the whole episode...

All of a sudden  all permission for the protest are withdrawn  and without a warning CRPF and Police started dragging out the supporters,which include children and women. Is this democracy...???

First they try to lick Ramdev and when failed they simply burst out their frustration by this brutal act.Is this democracy...???

Are Ramdev's demands so unjustified? 

Does a democratic non-violence protest for the demand of a better India desrve a treatment like this???

Let's raise our voice against this...so that Nation's wound can be healed .

5 comments:

Mohini Puranik said...

Thanks Priyadarshi! Let's raise the voice. The point raised by you are very serious and perfect. I posted just now an article on this. And from my side, yesterday I took part in live chat discussion.

And I will promote your post on social networking too to spread the word.

I just posted an article on the same issue,

http://narayankripa.blogspot.com/2011/06/indian-democracy-in-danger.html.

and will keep spreading word.

Geeta Singh said...

sharing you article ...Its very burning topic and ..I felt the same way u expressed it ..

Geeta Singh said...

your article* ignore my mistakes

Anju Sahs said...

Yes all of us have felt strogly about what happened - it just cannot be explained - what was the need to take such action in the middle of the night.

And the worst is that no one has the guts is coming forward to own up to having given the order.

Priyadarshi said...

@anju the greatest irony of this nation is having a prime minister who express his helplessness in each press conference.

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected